Taking our pets to the veterinarian’s office isn’t fun for anyone.
Even though the visits are necessary, our pets are never excited to jump in the car to get poked and prodded. It’s heartbreaking to see them with such anxiety. However, as good pet owners, it’s our duty to make sure that our pets visit their vets to keep them healthy.
After going under anesthesia or undergoing procedures, our pets can be a little — out of it. Even though we shouldn’t laugh — it’s hard not to. Especially with photos this funny.
Take a look at 30 of the most hilarious pets leaving the vet’s office after a procedure.
It’s a good thing our pets don’t have social media. They would never forgive us.
1. This is Porkchop before and after his vet visit.
2. This little kitty was prescribed valium after his operation.
3. This is the staredown he’s been giving his owner since he’s gotten home.
4. Anesthesia can do strange things.
5. “So, my dog had to get surgery and now he’s drugged up. I should feel sorry for him but I can’t stop laughing.”
6. This sweet girl just woke up after having some X-rays done. Don’t worry, she’s fine.
7. She is feeling absolutely no pain.
8. This is the third time she needed to be shaved for ticks. She has now started rejecting the vet’s treats.
9. Those pupils say it all.
10. Her cat was on meds to calm his nerves while on a cross-country road trip. They’re working.
11. Poor thing had spinal surgery. This has been his expression while on his pain meds the past three days.
12. Even minor surgery can result in some interesting expressions.
13. Yeah, his dog is on another planet right now.
14. Is that fear? Confusion? Both?
15. She had to take an opiate to treat a Copperhead snake bite. This is how she sat for 20 minutes.
16. Meet Huxley. Meet Huxley’s tongue.
17. I think the meds are working.
18. This cat went from scared to absolutely pissed.
19. When you find your zen.
20. Straight up passed out.
21. He’s not sure if he’s in reality anymore.
22. Her face is still a little numb from her procedure.
23. Still a bit doped up on anesthesia.
24. It’s not Albert’s most shining moment.
25. This doggy is feeling goooood.
26. Here’s something you don’t see everyday – an owl coming out of anesthesia.
27. Just slightly terrifying.
28. Not happy about the vaccines he just received. Not happy at all.
29. It might be a while before Cheddar feels back to normal.
30. He just got neutered and his expression says it all.