Man Passes Away After Swimming With A New Tattoo

bez-imeni-1-vosstanovleno

An unidentified Hispanic man who was 31 years old died after he caught sepsis from swimming in the Gulf of Mexico. The reason why he caught sepsis was that he went swimming when he was not supposed to.
The man had gotten a new tattoo, and he ignored the advice given to him by the people who gave him the tattoo. The advice was for him to wait for two weeks before going into pools or oceans.

Unfortunately, he ignored this advice and went for a swim just five days after he got the tattoo. While swimming with the fresh wound of the tattoo, it got contaminated with a flesh-eating bug that essentially led to his death.
According to BMJ Case Reports, the man was rushed to the emergency room a day later. His lesions began to change. Central purple patches with black borders developed. Fluid-filled blisters called bullae then started discharging over his wound at a frightening rate.

tattoo021
Lab results of the man’s body showed high levels of liver enzymes, which indicated a history of chronic liver disease.

tattoo03

The man drank six 340ml bottles of beer daily, which attributed to his weakened liver.

tattoo04
A weakened liver is prone to a higher risk of attracting infections. It is assumed that individuals with chronic liver disease have low amounts of neutrophils. Neutrophils are important white blood cells that help fight off bugs.

tattoo05

Source


1